Fedora Core 2

Denny Figuerres denny at figuerres.com
Thu May 27 14:05:05 UTC 2004

Wade; this is the whole point of Torrent .... it is fast!
That's why it is used ... do you understand that it uses bandwidth in a kind
of "Parallel" fashion?  The more peers that share the load the faster it
works... and the longer you leave a Torrent share "UP" the more the rest of
the users benefit.
I for one am thinking of leaving a torrent running 24x7 with some files like
the Fedora ISO's for that reason...

Really the FTP model kinda sucks for mass distribution of files, a
torrent-like model really is the future IMHO ...