FC2: ACPI: Unable to locate RSDP

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Thu May 27 16:54:59 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-05-27 at 17:23, david wrote:
> Folks
>
> A few problems; I'm not sure they're independent.
>
> During initial bootstrap, I see the messages
>
>   ACPI: Unable to locate RSDP

Hmm, looks like your system doesn't support ACPI.
Which makes sense for an old box.

>    abpart: Unsupported Intel chipset (device id 1237)

Ah, thats an ancient 440FX chipset.  Which doesn't have AGP iirc.
lspci -vv output please. (as root).
It should be just ignoring devices which don't have AGP, and I sent
some patches to Linus just this afternoon that should fix this
scenario, so they'll turn up in a Fedora kernel update soon too.

> And the Ethernet controller doesn't work (with a message "check cable")
>
> The machine in question is
>   Dell Workstation 400 MT
>   The Ethernet "lights" are showing on both ends of the connection.

What ethernet controller is it ? (Again, the lspci output will be needed
for this).

	Dave