FC2 problems on Dell latitude C600

Paul L. Allen paul.l.allen at boeing.com
Thu May 27 20:10:17 UTC 2004

lwj wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-05-26 at 21:26, Greg.Lehmann at csiro.au wrote:
>
>>3. touch pad moves mouse pointer but doesn't recognise taps or double
>>taps.
>
> You may have a Synaptics mouse pad. You'll need to install the drivers.
> See
> http://voidmain.is-a-geek.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=954&sid=fa6523c759e52792013c9a445b0f5296

On the Dell C400 I just set up, adding "psmouse.proto=imps" to the
kernel command line in /boot/grub/grub.conf fixed the touchpad taps
not working problem.  All the needed drivers were there.

Paul Allen
--
Boeing Phantom Works                   \ Paul L. Allen, (425) 865-3297
Math & Computing Technology              \ paul.l.allen at boeing.com
POB 3707 M/S 7L-40, Seattle, WA 98124-2207 \ Prototype Systems Group