FC-2 laptop question

Cam camilo at mesias.co.uk
Fri May 28 11:26:35 UTC 2004

Shaun

> I installed it on my Dell Latitude CPx J750GT, and I love it. One thing
> though - it appears that none of my function keys work. I know that X
> thinks I have a 101-key keyboard - which is wrong - I have an 87-key
> keyboard. I don't know if that's related to the problem or not though.
>
> I'd really like to get things like the suspend key, and the
> brightness/contrast keys working.
>
> Any ideas?

Congratulations - I've been searching for laptop successes on FC2 and
found few.

Check your /var/log/acpid file to see if you are getting acpi events but
are not handling them. That may cover the suspend key but not function
keys (do you mean F1-F12 keyboard function keys or non-standard hard
buttons eg. mail, web, volume etc)?

I had to remove the default sample.conf file from /etc/acpi/events and
put in a lid.conf and sleep.conf to properly support the lid action and
the suspend button.

-Cam

--
camilo at mesias.co.uk                                                 <--