Arjan v kernels

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Fri May 28 12:07:45 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-05-28 at 01:11, Marek Pawinski wrote:
> Hi
>
> I would like to know if the kernels at
> http://people.redhat.com/~arjanv/2.6/RPMS.kernel/
> work for RH9, FC1

probably, but you'll need to add vdso=0 to the boot command line

>  and FC2 ?

They *are* FC2 kernels.  The daily kernels you see there
are snapshots towards the first update kernel for FC2.

These same kernels will also serve as a basis for FC3.
For as long as possible, we're going to try and stick
with the same kernel tree, allowing FC2 users to benefit from
running latest mainline kernel as often requested in the past.
(If the idea of running a kernel used in the next development tree
 gives anyone the creeps, it shouldn't, as we're not planning
 anything *really* experimental for the FC3 kernel).

Additionally, when FC3 test1 comes out, it should have a
well-rounded tested kernel as a base.

	Dave