fc2 will not install to sata

Linux linux at herbasource.com
Fri May 28 13:37:52 UTC 2004

Subject: Re: fc2 will not install to sata

> > > Make sure you've connected the SATA drive to the Promise controller,
not
> > > the VIA controller of the K8V. It worked without any problems here.
> > >
> > >    Karsten
> > >

> > I tried connecting the sata hd to the raid serial ata connector instead
of
> > the serial ata connector, is that what you mean? if so it does same
thing.

> > Or do you mean disabling it it bios?
> >

> Both of them are RAID controllers, but I'm talking of the connectors
> near the power LED on your mainboad, not those near the floppy connector.
> You have to disable Promise RAID in the bios and set it to normal IDE
instead.

>   Karsten

Hi sorry but I am totally lost, please hold my hand on this one :-)

Ok I have the following connected

PRIM IDE1 - none
SEC IDE1 - none
PRIM IDE2 - DVD RW
SEC IDE2 - none

Then just left of the floppy connector I have 2 serial ata connectors, SEC
on top and PRIM just below it called SATA1 SATA2

Then below that I have 2 RAID serial ata connectors, called PRI_SATA and
SEC_SATA, next to eack other, sec to left

I have connected my sata hd to both SATA1 and PRI_SATA with same result, I
have played with the bios settings, but am not sure what you mean by disable
Promise RAID and set to IDE, I think I know how to disable the onboard
Promise controller but how do I set it (what is "it") to IDE

Jeff