FC2 Install Kernel Panic

Steve Burke steven.burke at paradise.net.nz
Fri May 28 23:12:19 UTC 2004

Hi,

I am currently running a dual boot with Xp and FC1.

I have downloaded the FC2 iso disks and all have checked ok with md5.

I have two issues.

1.
When I try to run the FC2 install I get a 'Kernel Panic' message when
I hit boot (on the FC2 splash page) and the init process starts.

This happens with the FC2 rescue CD as well.

I can mount the iso disks and read the files on the disks so I am convinced the
download and burn process worked.

can anyone help?

Intel Celeron 2.6ghz
Maxtor 91366U4 (12Gb) IDE
ST360015A        (60Gb) IDE
NVIDIA FX5200

2.
If I should get past point 1 ....
Out of morbid interest I ran the autoinstall script from the mounted iso and
I have about 20 packages which the updater thinks I do not have installed.
I know that at least some of them are installed (such as /usr/bin/python2.2).
Is this a gpg key issue?
How can I check if the specific packages are present and what the signature is
for individual packages.

I have been using up2date, but I modified the /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources to include us-fc1-stable and livna.

All help will be appreciated.