additional modules on startup

Tomek Kabarowski tkabarowski at gazeta.pl
Sat May 29 08:46:06 UTC 2004

Hello.
I have a problem with configuration of FC2, so as to make it load
additional module during system startup.
I've found there is no /etc/conf.modules file created after system
installation, but there is /etc/modprobe.conf

I tried with putting this line in /etc/modprobe.conf:
install slamr /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install slamr

...but it didn't seem to work (no info about it in /var/log/messages)
and module is not loaded...

so i tried with creation of /etc/conf.modules together with the symbolic
link to it from /etc/modules.conf...and put the same line into it, but
it also seemed not to work (module not loaded, logs not mention anything
about loading it)...
...i also tried withour "--ignore-install" option...

When i try to load the module manually, from shell with
# modprobe slamr

everything works fine...

...what do I do wrong? where should I put the information, to make
system load this module automatically?

Regards,
Tomek