Canoscan LiDE 30 & Fedora

Steve Sheldon steve.sheldon at solidlinux.co.uk
Sat May 29 09:12:06 UTC 2004

This is my first attempt at scanning under Fedora, so i have little or
no knowledge of how to do so.. I have done the following, but have no
idea of how to get this up and running with Fedora.. can anyone help
please?
All the best
Steve Sheldon

'The more I know, the more I know I know little'

[root at desktop root]# sane-find-scanner

  # No SCSI scanners found. If you expected something different, make
sure that
  # you have loaded a SCSI driver for your SCSI adapter.

found USB scanner (vendor=0x04a9 [Canon], product=0x220e [CanoScan],
chip=LM9832/3) at libusb:002:002
  # Your USB scanner was (probably) detected. It may or may not be
supported by

  # Scanners connected to the parallel port or other proprietary ports
can't be
  # detected by this program.
[root at desktop root]# scanimage -L
device `plustek:libusb:002:002' is a Canon N1240U/LiDE30 USB flatbed
scanner
[root at desktop root]# modprobe scanner vendor=0x04a9 product=0x220e
FATAL: Module scanner not found.
[root at desktop root]#