FC-2 laptop question

Shaun T. Erickson ste at smxy.org
Sat May 29 17:15:33 UTC 2004

Cam wrote:
> Shaun
>
>> Ah, I see. I'll have to do that too. One question: what command should
>> I have it run for a lid event, or a suspend button event, and so on?
>> Is there a manpage that says what commands are available to use when
>> an event is received?
>

> man acpid, you can generally use any shell commands or a script to do
> pretty much anything.
>
> My lid conf file looks like:
> event=button/lid.*
> action=echo -n 3 > /proc/acpi/sleep

How did you know that that was the correct action to take for the lid? I
don't see that sort of thing on the apcid man page. I can see what the
events are from the logs, and the man page tells me what syntax to use
to tell it what to do for a given event, but it doesn't tell me what I
can choose from for any given event.

	-ste