kernel change/mount change

John Thompson john at os2.dhs.org
Sat May 29 22:20:50 UTC 2004

On Fri, 28 May 2004 16:45:12 -0400 (EDT)
"William Hooper" <whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net> wrote:

> John Thompson said:
> > I just put a dual-cpu MB in my computer and installed
> > kernel-smp-2.4.22-1.2188.nptl_48.rhfc1.at

> This isn't a standard Fedora kernel.

No.  I needed a kernel with xfs support so I could access my xfs RAID
array that holds all my source files.

> > and since then have noticed
> > that when the system boots, the / filesystem is first mounted as
> > ext2 rather than ext3 and then remounted as ext3 later.

> This has always been the case with standard Fedora/Red Hat kernels.

I guess it's been a while since I've used a standard RH kernel.  I just
went through the kernel config and found that ext3 was configured as a
module rather than in the kernel itself.  I'm recompiling with ext3 in
the kernel to see if that fixes it.

Thanks...

--

-John (john at os2.dhs.org)