Matrox driver and "drive busy"

Alex Dennis alex at nadir.org.uk
Sun May 30 19:38:16 UTC 2004

Hi

I've got two problems/candidate bug reports:

1. Tuxracer crashes after about 20 seconds leaving the keyboard and
mouse unresponsive and necessitating a power reboot. I'm using a Matrox
G4500 card with one monitor. Chromium does the same thing but less
frequently (TR does it all the time).

2. The first time the machine is shut down after installation I get a
message saying drive / is busy. This doesn't seem to have caused any
problems but I didn't know if it was something to be concerned about --
the same thing happened in FC1 but could be worked round by leaving the
machine on for 24 hours, presumably to allow cron jobs to finish.
Leaving the machine on for a day doesn't seem to make any difference in
FC2.

If these are worth pursuing could you let me know what additional
information I should provide and/or if I can generate logfiles that
might be more informative.

Good release -- thanks for the work.

Alex