FC-2 Add/Remove Applications rant ...

Shaun T. Erickson ste at smxy.org
Sun May 30 21:37:21 UTC 2004

> You did an 'apt-get update' before trying to install, right?

Oops. Nope.

> Assuming you did, your repositories might still be misconfigured or
> missing. Try the'apt-cache policy' command to see if synaptic is found.

[root at dhcppc5 root]# apt-get upgrade
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 removed and 0 not upgraded.
[root at dhcppc5 root]# apt-get install synaptic
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
E: Couldn't find package synaptic
[root at dhcppc5 root]# apt-cache policy synaptic
W: Unable to locate package synaptic
[root at dhcppc5 root]#

> Suggestion: if you install apt-get from Dag Wieers' repo, it comes with
> many useful repos pre-configured, each on its own .list config file on
> /etc/apt/sources.list.d dir.

I downloaded it from the link in the wiki, whereever that was. I'll see
if I can find the one you mention.

	-ste