FC2 Gnome/KDE went south on me

Bruce Ecroyd bruce.ecroyd at gmail.com
Sun May 30 22:37:01 UTC 2004

On Sun, 30 May 2004 19:20:38 -0300, Andre Costa
<acosta at ar.microlink.com.br> wrote:
> Anything weird on /var/log/messages or /var/log/XFree86.0.log ? I'm not
> sure, but ~/.xsession-errors might have some useful stuff, too.

Nothing unusual in the Xfree or xsession, but messages has this entry:

May 30 13:35:49 BorgCube rpc.statd[2338]: unable to register (statd, 1, udp).
May 30 13:48:49 BorgCube netfs: Mounting other filesystems:  succeeded

I have had recently some really odd startups -- a long lag after the
swap is mounted and the next stage on its way to getting to the fedora
login screen. Might be a red herring to this problem though.

Is there a good standalone disk checker -- I'll explore whether I
might have a disk problem (it's two weeks old). I'd like to cover that
off before I start reformatting it.

B.