Reboot and hd shutdown

Andreas Weggel aweggel_maillists at gmx.de
Mon May 31 12:01:20 UTC 2004

Am Montag 31 Mai 2004 13:07 schrieb Andreas Weggel:
> hi,
>
> everytime I reboot my computer (under FC2) via ctrl+alt+del or via the
> reboot command. My hard discs are are disabled like when you halt your PC.
>
> This already happend in FC1.
>
> Does anybody know how I can prevent reboot from shutting down my hard
> discs?
>
> Andy

I just found out that the md driver is responseable for the shutting down of
my hd drives.

after reboot has finished the message:

md: shutting down hard drives
hda: shut down
hdb: shut down

appears and after that my hard discs are off...

md seems to be static in the kernel, so how can I change that behavior?

Andy