5336-Nvidia Driver

Ernest L. Williams Jr. ernesto at ornl.gov
Mon May 31 12:51:12 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-05-30 at 17:47, Tero Hanninen wrote:
> On Sun, 30 May 2004, Ernest L. Williams Jr. wrote:

> > > I'm posting this running FC2 and the 5336 Nvidia driver.
> > Can you recommend any 3-D games and other programs to test and enjoy
> > this new driver?
>
> I suppose the normal test programs are 'glxgears' and 'glxinfo'
> On the game side: TuxRacer might be a good test program.
Wow.  My first game under linux, cool.  Now after playing tuxracer I
will need a joy stick.

When following your instructions to the point in which I run "startx" as
root.  I get the following error:
Error activating XKB configuration.
Probably internal X server problem.

X server version data:
The X.Org Foundation
60700000

If you report this situation as a bug, please include:
- The result of xprop -root | grep XKB
- The result of gconftool-2 -R /desktop/gnome/peripherals/keyboard/xkb

Well, anyway after rebooting and logging in as a normal user all is
well. I ran glxgears, glxinfo, and tuxracer with no problem. Awesome!!

My system info for reference:
[williams at matrix X11]$ more /etc/redhat-release
Fedora Core release 2 (Tettnang)

[williams at matrix X11]$ uname -a
Linux matrix 2.6.6-1.403 #1 Sun May 30 08:48:49 EDT 2004 i686 i686 i386
GNU/Linux

[williams at matrix X11]$ xdpyinfo
name of display:    :0.0
version number:    11.0
vendor string:    The X.Org Foundation
vendor release number:    60700000
X.Org version: 6.7.0
maximum request size:  16777212 bytes
motion buffer size:  256
bitmap unit, bit order, padding:    32, LSBFirst, 32
image byte order:    LSBFirst
number of supported pixmap formats:    7
supported pixmap formats:
    depth 1, bits_per_pixel 1, scanline_pad 32
    depth 4, bits_per_pixel 8, scanline_pad 32
    depth 8, bits_per_pixel 8, scanline_pad 32
    depth 15, bits_per_pixel 16, scanline_pad 32
    depth 16, bits_per_pixel 16, scanline_pad 32
    depth 24, bits_per_pixel 32, scanline_pad 32
    depth 32, bits_per_pixel 32, scanline_pad 32
keycode range:    minimum 8, maximum 255
focus:  window 0x2400008, revert to PointerRoot
number of extensions:    31
    BIG-REQUESTS
    DOUBLE-BUFFER
    DPMS
    Extended-Visual-Information
    FontCache
    GLX
    LBX
    MIT-SCREEN-SAVER
    MIT-SHM
    MIT-SUNDRY-NONSTANDARD
    NV-CONTROL
    NV-GLX
    RANDR
    RECORD
    RENDER
    SECURITY
    SHAPE
    SYNC
    TOG-CUP
    X-Resource
    XC-APPGROUP
    XC-MISC
    XFree86-Bigfont
    XFree86-DGA
    XFree86-Misc
    XFree86-VidModeExtension
    XInputExtension
    XKEYBOARD
    XTEST
    XVideo
    XVideo-MotionCompensation
default screen number:    0
number of screens:    1

screen #0:
  dimensions:    1600x1200 pixels (373x272 millimeters)
  resolution:    109x112 dots per inch
  depths (7):    24, 1, 4, 8, 15, 16, 32
  root window id:    0x8d
  depth of root window:    24 planes
  number of colormaps:    minimum 1, maximum 1
  default colormap:    0x20
  default number of colormap cells:    256
  preallocated pixels:    black 0, white 16777215
  largest cursor:    64x64
  current input event mask:    0xda4031
    KeyPressMask             EnterWindowMask          LeaveWindowMask
    KeymapStateMask          StructureNotifyMask
SubstructureNotifyMask
    SubstructureRedirectMask PropertyChangeMask       ColormapChangeMask
  number of visuals:    24
  default visual id:  0x21

[williams at matrix X11]$ glxinfo
name of display: :0.0
display: :0  screen: 0
direct rendering: Yes
server glx vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
server glx version string: 1.3
server glx extensions:
    GLX_EXT_visual_info, GLX_EXT_visual_rating, GLX_SGIX_fbconfig,
    GLX_SGIX_pbuffer, GLX_SGI_video_sync, GLX_SGI_swap_control
client glx vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
client glx version string: 1.3

--
Ernest L. Williams Jr. <ernesto at ornl.gov>