200 GB Maxtor drive (48bit LBA) ?

Paul Reilly pareilly at tcd.ie
Mon May 31 13:17:47 UTC 2004

It all depends on the Linux kernel that comes with the FC2 boot
cdroms. If that kernel was not built with 48bit LBA then it won't
recognise any disk bigger than 130GB. ie, so they could have included
it in FC1, but forgot to include it in FC2. If you could recompile the
kernel you'd be fine, but you need to install it, before you can recompile
it. Does anyone have a FC2 working on a 200Gb disk?

Paul