Write access to other Linux system partition?

Peter Boy pboy at barkhof.uni-bremen.de
Mon May 31 23:55:19 UTC 2004

Am Mo, den 31.05.2004 schrieb Per-Olof Litby - Reg'l Mgr Nordic/Baltic -
Java System Software - Sun Microsystems um 23:58:
> I have a dual boot SuSE 8.1 and FC2 system. The SuSE root partition (/,
> reiserfs) has a directory on it that I would like to have write access
> to from FC2. How should I mount this partition from fstab?

Have a similar configuration here, no problem at all.

The fstab entry is:

/dev/Volume00/SuSE    /mnt/suse      reiserfs   defaults   1  2

SuSE 8.1 does not use utf-8 as Fedora does. If all your filenames and
file contents are plain emglish - no problem. Otherwise there may be
some curiosities.

Peter