How to install FC2 from harddisk

Mac macshy at tom.com
Mon May 31 17:43:55 UTC 2004

Aubrey.Lee,您好!

  I've just tried out some excellent ways to install FC2 from ISO files from FAT-Formatted partitions. Now I share them to all who's interested in.

  The main idea is to use the Linux Kernel-vmlinuz! The directory of FC2disk1/images/pxeboot is very useful(See README in the some directory)! OK, you can just follow my instructions below:

1, create a new directory named "install" (any you like).
2, copy the two files, "vmlinuz" and "initrd.img" in the "pxeboot"(just mentioned above), into the dir made in step 1.
3, copy a LOADLIN.EXE (for dos edtion, available in other distributions of linux) into the some dir.
4, in the some dir, create a Batch File named "install.bat" that contains this line:
     loadlin vmlinuz initrd=initrd.img ramdisk_size=9216 %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9

Now boot your system into DOS mode, enter the "install" directory, type "install" to run "install.bat" which could launch the installing process. Just follow the screen, and enjoy yourself!

Mac
Harbin, China

======= 2004-06-01 17:18:19 您在来信中写道:=======