terminal freezes occationally

Alan Mead cubrewer at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 1 02:00:41 UTC 2004

I am using Konsole 1.2.3 on FC1 (KDE 3.1.4-4).  I run time consuming
numerical programs on this box and on occation, I find that the
terminal session has frozen.  The window itself (e.g., the menu)
still seems to act normally but nothing I do will make the session
echo commands or produce any screen output.  The session seems
frozen.  I have to exit and start a new session.

This only happens when I leave the window sit idle for a long time
(hours or days; as when I'm waiting for a long running foreground
process run).

Any ideas?

-Alan