text based install with FC1 on an old pentium

kevin anthony panther3e at access4less.net
Mon Nov 1 04:41:43 UTC 2004

> Subject:
> text based install with FC1 on an old pentium
> From:
> kevin anthony <panther3e at access4less.net>
> Date:
> Sun, 31 Oct 2004 01:43:16 -0400
> To:
> fedora-list at redhat.com
>
> To:
> fedora-list at redhat.com
>

> Hi, I'm trying to install FC1 on an old pentuim machine.  Its a 75 mhz
> with a 850 meg hd. I try the install but when i get asked the question
> its time to install i hit proceed and it does nothing and then after a
> bit i get and error and it shuts down.  I have tried several times and
> sometimes i get farther sometimes not.  Any help would be aprcieated.
>
> Thant you, Kevin

I forgot to mention that it will not boot from cd and that it does not
dos on it so i can not access the disk to get the boot floppies.  I
downloaded the boot disk and root disk image to my hard drive but could
not copy it to a formatted floppy i would get an error saying file to
big for the disk.  I was lucky and found my install disks from a
slackware 3.5 install i had done years ago.

Thanks for all of the help. I figured out the problem i think i was
using the wrong distro.  I used slackware and it went great.

That was my first post here and am a bit disappointed.  I guess I was
not controversial or wanting something more exotic.  I was just trying
to get some help with a simple install on an old computer so my son and
i can learn command line and not tie up my main linux box in the process.

Sorry don't mean to bitch or whine just frustrated.
Kevin