Computer crashes after 2 days

HaJo Schatz hajo at hajo.net
Mon Nov 1 10:10:59 UTC 2004

On Sun, October 31, 2004 2:31, Peter Collier said:

> Box is a pcchips fsb266 k7 motherboard. Athlon 1700, wdig 40 gb with an
> ex suse 9.0 install, maxtor 40gb with fedora 2 install ( this is the
> operating system I'm active/using, the suse hard drive is only used for
> a backup copy now) . 512 2100 266 ddr, ati 7800 graphics. All updates
> applied.

Can you exclude a hardware issue, Ie did the problem occur after changing
to FC? I have a very similar config and know that I have a heat problem --
after about 2 days the system gets too hot & crashes by just freezing.

--
HaJo Schatz <hajo at hajo.net>
http://www.HaJo.Net

PGP-Key:  http://www.hajo.net/hajonet/keys/pgpkey_hajo.txt