Fedora 2: Selection delay with Mozilla and other apps

Terry Barnaby terry1 at beam.ltd.uk
Mon Nov 1 14:21:34 UTC 2004

Hi,

I have Fedora 2 with all updates to 1/11/04. I use KDE as the desktop.
On several systems I have the same problem:

If I try and Select some text within Mozilla or OpenOfficem, using the
mouse, there is quite often a long delay before the text is shown as
selected. This delay is around 2-3 secs. This occurs frequenty, but not
all of the time.

Also if I click on the vitual desktop to move desktops, occasionly the
KDE desktop will appear to lockup for about 10secs. The system appears
to start to do this after being logged in for some time.

Any ideas ?

Terry
--
Dr Terry Barnaby                     BEAM Ltd
Phone: +44 1454 324512               Northavon Business Center, Dean Rd