controling FC2 with VNC

Rafiq_Maniar at Dell.com Rafiq_Maniar at Dell.com
Mon Nov 1 14:30:09 UTC 2004

You need to modify the xorg.conf file:

In Section "Module" add:
Load "vnc"

And in Section "Screen" add:
Option "passwordFile" "/root/.vnc/passwd"

See http://www.realvnc.com/v4/x0.html for more information.

Rafiq

-----Original Message-----
From: YigalB [mailto:byigal at zahav.net.il]
Sent: 01 November 2004 14:28
To: fedora-list at redhat.com
Subject: controling FC2 with VNC

I want to control my Linux PC from my XP machine - mainly because I have
no space for another VGA terminal. I installed VNC. At the moment, I can
start a new X session on the FC2 and thats great - but this is not the
main X session that is active in the FC2, so whenever I shut down the XP
(the conreoling computer) - all the processes that I created in the FC2
(the controlled computer) are being killed.
My target is to work from the XP on the FC2 directly - and not to open a
new X session.
How can I do that?
Thanks
Yigal