Two 3Com ethernet NIC : don't work

Alex ambroxa at yahoo.it
Mon Nov 1 15:33:08 UTC 2004

> There are known problems with the 3C905B. 3C905C is
> fine,
> I use one. You need to check the archives for this
> problem.

Yes, I know that and I've already disabled KUDZU.

Btw I've SOLVED my problem.

In /etc/sysconfig/network-sript/ifcfg-eth0 and
ifcfg-eth1 there is the option HWADDR=[nic mac
address]

I usually remove this option and I've never had
troublem with other nic.

Seem that FC2 and 3COM cards (only 3com ?) NEED to be
present this option.
I've insert this option in ifcfg-eth0 and ifcfg-eth1
with correct MAC address and eth0 + eth1 work together
without trouble.