FC2 not shutting down or rebooting

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 1 18:39:44 UTC 2004

---Original Message-----
From: HaJo Schatz <hajo at hajo.net>
Sent: Nov 1, 2004 8:33 AM
To: For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list at redhat.com>
Subject: Re: FC2 not shutting down or rebooting

On Mon, 2004-11-01 at 21:29, James McKenzie wrote:
> All:
>
> My FC2 installation on a Thinkpad A22p is not shutting down nor is it
> rebooting.  It is getting to INIT: No more processes left for this
> runlevel.  I can leave it overnight.  I did change the grub.conf file to
> remove rhgb and quiet to see what is hanging the shutdown process.
Look into acpi vs apm. You can enable/disable them via kernel parms.

I'm using apm because acpi is not stable on the laptop, although there is a project, ibm-acpi, that is trying to make things better.  I will reboot the system this evening with quiet removed from the kernel parameters to see if there is an underlying cause.  I'm suspecting a recent update.

James McKenzie

James McKenzie
A Proud User of Linux!