Where are the system files stored??

Beartooth beartooth at adelphia.net
Mon Nov 1 21:15:36 UTC 2004

On Mon, 01 Nov 2004 16:59:27 +0800, wpj wrote:

>  hi,
>
> In FC1, there is a menu(red hat in the left-bottom of the screen) like
> "Start Menu" in windows. And in windows we can put a shortcut of a
> program in "Start Menu"->"Program". Where are these files linked to
> icons and How can I put a shortcut in the "Start Menu"??

Either I don't understand the other answers so far, or they don't
understand what you're trying to ask. If you're using Gnome, it's easy to
find which.

Click on the red hat, then move your cursor till something you want is
highlighted. Suppose that's Sound, under Preferences, with an icon of a
speaker. Right-click once, and move the cursor till Add This Launcher to
Panel is highlighted. Now left-click on that. The system will put a little
speaker in the bar (called Panel) on the bottom of your screen (or the
top, or one side -- you can have the panel where you like). When you click
on the icon -- called a launcher -- that application will open.

Is that what you want?

--
Beartooth Autodidact, curmudgeonly codger learning linux
Remember I know precious little of what I'm talking about!