NoMachine

Ow Mun Heng Ow.Mun.Heng at wdc.com
Tue Nov 2 03:13:53 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-11-02 at 10:59, Rick Lim wrote:
> >From what I can see the virtual machine NX aka No Machine uses ssh.
> I need to login as root to do maintenance remotely using the GUI, No Machine
> will not allow me to login as root.
>
> Is there a work around for this keeping in mind that I need to login as root
> and use a GUI interface.

I'm not sure if NX has the option to allow root logins. But most admin
work suffice to use terminal/xterms no?

You could always try using VNC tunnelled via SSH.(?) Performance wise,
it could be different?

What about doing admin on the linux box from a linux box? running X apps
remotely and displaying it locally?

ssh -X -C user at host
gui app &

something like that??