Unable to resolve localhost

Micheal sundance at sundanceloki.com
Tue Nov 2 03:26:21 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-11-01 at 21:16, Shawn Kovalchick wrote:
> The thing is, I can ping localhost.  Nothing else has a problem
> talking to localhost, it's just postgresql.  It has the same setup
> files as a separate installation on my home Gentoo box, which works
> fine.

Did some looking in the archives, I found a similar problem with
connecting to postgresql.  Try doing an netstat -tap and see if postgres
is listening on any tcp/udp port. If not, you may have to tinker with
the configuration to specify which port you want it to run on.  I think
I remember reading that by default postgres only listens on UNIX domain
sockets.

HTH