Was this ever dealt-with?

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Tue Nov 2 11:11:25 UTC 2004

Brian Fahrlander wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-11-02 at 04:39, Paul Howarth wrote:
>
>>Brian Fahrlander wrote:
>>
>>>"Package galeon needs mozilla = 37:1.7.2, this is not available."
>>>
>>>    Sound familiar?  I've been using "--include" to get past it, but was
>>>there ever an epoch-37 version of Mozilla made and maybe I'm just not
>>>finding it?
>>
>>FC1 mozilla was 37:mozilla-1.4.1-17
>>FC2 mozilla was 37:mozilla-1.6-8
>>
>>37:mozilla-1.7.2-0.2.0 is one of the FC2 errata packages.
>>
>>Where were you looking?
>

>    Just the usual repos. Aren't the 'errata packages' on the usual
> repos?  I'm not using anything exotic here, fedora + livnia, and I'm
> about to stop the livnia repo due to some weirdness in Xorg...

There is a later FC2 errata package for mozilla, 1.7.3. If you have 1.7.2 and
galeon installed, you'll get the "Package galeon needs mozilla = 37:1.7.2,
this is not available" message when trying to update to the 1.7.3 package. To
fix this, you'll need to remove galeon, run the "yum update" again to update
mozilla to 1.7.3 and then rebuild a galeon package yourself against the new
mozilla, since the repository you got your current galeon from doesn't appear
to have a version compatible with mozilla 1.7.3.

Paul.