dynamic signatures

Steven W. Orr steveo at syslang.net
Tue Nov 2 22:03:15 UTC 2004

On Tuesday, Nov 2nd 2004 at 17:01 -0500, quoth Steven W. Orr:

=>On Wednesday, Nov 3rd 2004 at 02:33 +0530, quoth Bestin P. Jose:
=>
=>=>i have a dynamic signature generation program(shell script).
=>=>
=>=>i am using pine as mail client.
=>=>
=>=>i want to have dynamically generated signatures for each mail i compose.
=>=>how to do this?
=>
=>You need to make your shell script be a daemon with its output redirected
=>to ~/.signature
=>
=>Then have pine set so that it's default signature file comes from the same
=>place.

I'm sorry, I forgot to say that you need to make your default signature
file be a FIFO.

mkdev -p ~/.signature

Then everything will be tied together.

steveo at syslang.net