Kickstart Fedora Core 2 via NFS???

Ron Cresswell Ron.Cresswell at jameshardie.com.au
Wed Nov 3 05:32:25 UTC 2004

Hi folks,

I'm hoping someone can help me here. I have a Beowulf cluster which I
want to upgrade to FC2 to take advantage of the latest kernel and also
because it contains compatible drivers for the lm-sensors package
allowing me to monitor the health of my nodes.

It's not a big cluster, but with one set of CD's it will take me about
32hrs straight to do the install one machine at a time. I previously
installed RH9 using kickstart via NFS and want to upgrade to FC2 the
same way.

The kickstart info
(/usr/share/doc/system-config-kickstart-2.5.11/index.html) implies that
I make a network boot floppy onto which I put the ks.cfg file once
created. Problem is, there is no bootnet.img included in the
distribution, and I can't see how to go about getting it to work without
one.

Any pointers would be very gratefully received!!

Cheers

Ron

Ron Cresswell

Principal Scientist

James Hardie Research

Ph +61-2-8845-3382

Fax +61-2-8845-3222

THIS DOCUMENT IS INTENDED FOR THE USE OF THE PARTY TO WHOM IT IS
ADDRESSED AND MAY CONTAIN INFORMATION WHICH IS CONFIDENTIAL. If you are
not the intended recipient and have received this document in error,
please return it to the originator or notify the originator and ensure
its destruction. Any dissemination or copying of this document and its
attachments by anyone other than the addressees is strictly prohibited.