Sendmail Milter Question

Ow Mun Heng Ow.Mun.Heng at wdc.com
Wed Nov 3 08:37:46 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-11-03 at 16:12, Paul Howarth wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-11-03 at 06:43, Ow Mun Heng wrote:
> > On Thu, 2004-10-28 at 15:43, Paul Howarth wrote:
> > > However, to answer your original question, I have my MSP send mail out
> > > via my MSA, not my MTA, and this is how I do it:
> >
> > > 4. Add to submit.mc:
> > >
> > >   dnl Use the MSA with AUTH
> > >   define(`RELAY_MAILER_ARGS', `TCP $h 587')
> > >   FEATURE(`authinfo', `hash /etc/mail/msp-authinfo')
> >
> > Can I also find out what you have for the
> > FEATURE(`msp',....) line?
>
> Same as you: I'm connecting to the MSA on localhost:
>
> FEATURE(`msp', `[127.0.0.1]')dnl
>
> The 587 in RELAY_MAILER_ARGS directs it to port 587 rather than port 25.

I see.. So, in essense then you send outgoing mails through your
localhost:587 (in evo configured as SMTP->localhost:587), you then
bypass the milters? (DO you?)

I tried sending a test mail to my colleague and it still shows that it's
going through port 25 as the Milter headers shows up (unless of course,
as Alexander Dalloz said, it's binded to both)

How can I tell?