Equivalent of Citrix or Windows Terminal Server for Linux?

Michael Jezierski - Systec Conveyors mjezierski at systecconveyors.com
Wed Nov 3 16:47:34 UTC 2004

I'm thinking out loud here so that's the smoke you're seeing :-)

I'm migrating a clone dual P4 that's running Win2K server to a newer IBM
box Win2K+3 [yes we have specialized apps that don't run in Linux
unfortunately] and consolidating some old netware and Win2K servers onto
one machine. What does that have to do with Fedora? Nothing yet....

But what to do with a perfectly good dual P4? I have another project
where I'm looking to place some older P3 and AMD Athlon machines onto
the factory floor and use Linux on those to access limited applications
- CAD viewer (with Cimmetry) and somehow get a viewer for the financial
system (we use Sage's MAS90) on there - see if that works on Wine. I'm
also wondering if just setting up this dual P4 as a "Citrix" (quotes
intentional) server and letting the workstations view everything off of
that.

--
Mike Jezierski - IT something or other...
Systec Conveyors - Indianapolis, IN