Yum repo compatibility

Colin Charles lists at bytebot.net
Thu Nov 4 01:59:06 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-11-03 at 10:46 +0000, Elvis wrote:
> Hello everyone
> Does anyone know of a definitive compatibility list for yum? There are
> more and more different repos all over the place, some warning not to
> mix with repo xyz - this can get confusing and trying to keep a stable,
> up to date box! Could someone point me to a list? or if there are a lot
> of replies to this, I could make one.

No list, but this is definitely a FAQ

Compatible (definitely, w/assurance):

Fedora.us
Livna
Jpackage
Macromedia Flash
(possibly, a little unsure here) Freshrpms

Not-compatible with the above (but maybe with each other):
Dag
apt.sw.be
atrpms
(if above fails :P) Freshrpms
Nyquist
<insert joe random repo>

This all for x86. I understand that Livna has stopped building x86_64
packages, and fedora.us never automated builds for these either

Hang in there, as Fedora Extras will be launched sooner than you know
(or not :P), and that would mean clearer definitions of these
repos/etc...
Colin Charles, byte at aeon.com.my
http://www.bytebot.net/
then you win." -- Mohandas Gandhi