Postfix with postgresql

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Thu Nov 4 17:36:54 UTC 2004

Am Do, den 04.11.2004 schrieb Elvis um 17:46:

> I am trying to get postfix to work with postgresql, it seems that it
> does not support it with the normal rpms.
> I have downloaded the src.rpm and would like to change the spec file to
> include postgresql support, this is where im getting a bit lost. I have
> more-or-less copied the section for MYSQL (%if %{MYSQL}
> CCARGS=blablabla) but im not sure what to put in CCARGS. In a howto i
> have read it says to compile with 'CCARGS=-DHAS_PGSQL
> -I/usr/local/include/pgsql'   'AUXLIBS=-L/usr/local/lib -lpq', but my
> /usr/local/include is empty.

/usr/local/ is the place for "things" installed which are i.e. self
installed from sources. You will have to install the postgresql-devel
RPM to have the necessary includes, and they are then under
/usr/include, the libs under /usr/lib.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon kernel 2.6.8-1.521smp
Serendipity 18:36:49 up 15 days, 16:16, load average: 0.02, 0.24, 0.29