FC2 and tape drives.

Juan Pablo Claude jpclaude at charter.net
Fri Nov 5 21:43:53 UTC 2004

Greetings out there:

	I have revived an old PC (Pentium II 350 MHz) to use as a home server
and I installed FC2 on it. I have also installed a couple of tape
drives to use for backup. One is an HP Colorado T3000, attached as a
sole device to the on-board floppy disk controller. This drive works
fine after I recompiled the kernel to include the ftape and zftape
modules, and can be accessed as /dev/qft0 as expected. The issue is
with the other drive, a Tecmar/Iomega Ditto Max Professional. This
drive has an ISA plug-and-play accelerator board (Ditto Dash MX). Right
now, the drive is not accessible, as I did not compile the ftape module
to access the accelerator board (I had trouble doing that previously).
However, I understand that ftape can support up to four  devices. Does
anyone know of a way to activate both drives? I would really like to
use the Tecmar drive as it is faster and has a higher capacity.
Ultimately, the best scenario would be to be able to use both.

	The ftape documentation is outdated and somewhat intractable. I would
appreciate any help you could give me. Thanks.

Juan-Pablo Claude