Nvidia RPMs for 2.6.7-1.494.2.2

Christopher A. Williams chrisw01 at privatei.com
Sat Nov 6 14:51:42 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-11-05 at 15:42 -0500, Kevin J. Cummings wrote:
> Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> > Hi

> >>YMMV
> >>

> > Not related to this but does anyone why the updates actually released
> > havent been moved out of the testing tree. this would enable testers
> > to actually look at the tree and find out easily which ones are about
> > to be released. right?
>
> Probably becuase the last kernel in the FC3 development tree is
> 2.6.9-1.667.  I heard that there would be a 2 week delay in releasing
> FC3 so that the newest kernel could be fully tested before releasing it.
>   Perhaps this is the same kernel they are talking about (just rebuilt
> for FC2, which means that the Fedora Folks aren't done fully testing it
> yet)....

...Actually, Fedora Core 3 will release to the mirrors for download on
this Monday (11/8). It was actually only delayed 1 week for the extra
kernel testing needs. I've been running it for a while now and it's
starting to look quite good from my end.

<Off topic personal note>
Hey, Kevin - (I'm assuming you're the Kevin Cummings I know from our
Denver business ventures), drop me a line at chrisw at cawllc.com. We
should talk - I may have a few good things simmering and assuming they
fly, I'll need some good Linux folks I know to work with me as well as a
good PM. It would be kind of cool to get some of our old team back on
this one. I'm already talking to Doug E. If you didn't know, Kevin S. is
now living in Ireland. Some guys have all the fun...
</Off topic personal note>

Cheers,

Chris

--