How is ntpd data used -

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Sat Nov 6 18:49:47 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-11-06 at 12:34 -0500, Bob Goodwin wrote:
> However, even with the 5 seconds I believe it's correcting the clock? Or
> does running ntpq upset things somehow? Result in less than optimum
> correction?

ntpq will not disturb anything and you may safely query it as many times
as you like. However, it will probably show your clock as being somewhat
off... it is the clock *adjustment* which is going to take several
minutes to begin approaching something useful.

Cheers,

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz <rpaiz at simpaticus.com>