Error in opening html page in konqueror

Stuart Sears stuart at sjsears.com
Sun Nov 7 17:57:52 UTC 2004

On Sunday 07 Nov 2004 17:25, Sharon Kimble wrote:
> I can't do it! I don't have KHTML as an option, although it is there if I
> use the file manager-super user mode. Somehow I've deleted it, it looks
> like.
okay - is this weird behaviour only happening for *one* user?
have you tried adding a new temporary user and attempted the same actions as
them? Try this _before_ you mess around with your own settings. If it works
for a 'virgin' user, try the advice below this...
> Where is it stored in root so that I can copy it over, or restore it from
> this mornings backup please?
the backups (if you have backed hidden files up) were probably
in /home/user/.kde./ somewhere. you can go back to defaults by doing this:

init 3 (just to make sure that the files are not being used)
mv ~username/.kde{.,orig}
init 5
login

to restore all default settings for 'username'
all your old configs should be backed up in ~username/.kde.orig in case you
need to copy over kmail settings or some such thing.
(most simple app configs are in .kde/share/config)

if you don't need the backup, delete it, it is a horrible waste of disk space.

[stuart at laptop stuart]$ du -sh .kde
98M     .kde

any help?

Stuart