Mozilla and Firefox sharing bookmarks?

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 7 22:18:40 UTC 2004

Timothy Murphy wrote:

>Is there any way to get Mozilla and Firefox to share their bookmarks?
>I tried giving a symbolic link, but that did not seem to work.

They both should use the .mozilla directory. You have to install Mozilla
first. The create your user(s). Then install FireFox. Firefox should
pick up and use the users you created under Mozilla at startup.
Otherwise, you will have to edit the /usr/bin/mozilla script to sync
bookmarks with Firefox. I don't know the startup script file name for
firefox, but you will have to make edits to add a final line which will
copy bookmarks. I'm making the assumption that firefox uses a different
directory to store user settings than /home/<user>/.mozilla.

James McKenzie