howto set evolution to work with spamassassin and clamav

Pasha e97665728 at 013.net
Mon Nov 8 15:33:44 UTC 2004

windtim at libero.i wrote:

>Hi
> i've Fedora Core 2 and i use evolution 1.4. I want to set it to work with
>spamassassin and clamav ( to delete virus and spam from my mailbox). How can i do?
>Help in advance for the help

You can set up a filter in evolution which will pipe received messages
to external program, and perform action depending on exit code. I'm not
at my home computer now, so I don't remember exact settings, but you
should pipe all messages to spamassassing. Look at man spamassassin to
see its command line options.
Also, spamassassin is quite heavy, so you could set up filter for any
mailing list you are subscribed to (like this one) which will stop any
further processing for list messages. I don't remember ever getting spam
from this mailing list.

Pavel.