Authentication in FC2

Jim Parker fedoralist at parkerhouse.homeunix.org
Mon Nov 8 19:01:05 UTC 2004

I found out the difference between Authenticating FC2 against a Win2k
and Win2k3 domain.  The latter denies access to read the directory to
non-authenticated users.  I can get passed it by either opening up 2k3
like 2k does or add a user just for this purpose and delegate that
function to them and hard code that into the LDAP configuration file.  I
don't like those options.

Question: Since Win2kX uses Kerberos to authenticate and LDAP for
information, why can't I authenticate against Kerberos and use its
ticket to get user information from LDAP?  Anyone else seen this?

I know Microsoft programmers leave a lot to be desired, but this is
should be all on the client side.  Use Kerberos authentication to grant
access to read from LDAP.  Did I miss something?

Jim (Probably one of them {in}sane programmers)