PS on exclusion Re: FC1 Users: Sample .... One more problem

Beartooth beartooth at adelphia.net
Mon Nov 8 19:28:58 UTC 2004

On Mon, 01 Nov 2004 23:28:57 +0200, Markku Kolkka wrote:

> Beartooth kirjoitti viestissään (lähetysaika maanantai, 1.
> marraskuuta 2004 23:04):
>> You mean it's supposed to. But switching workspaces takes
>> considerable time -- more to switch to a browser than to the
>> newsreader or a terminal, and more to switch to firefox than
>> to opera. And *everything* works slower if firefox is open
>> than if not
>
> That sounds like your system is running out of available RAM and
> it's swapping data to disk. What does the command "free" show
> when you have several workspaces and browsers in use?

[root at localhost root]# free
             total       used       free     shared    buffers     cachedMem:        117944     115244       2700          0       6356      33912-/+ buffers/cache:      74976      42968
Swap:       498004     153688     344316
[root at localhost root]

--
Beartooth Autodidact, curmudgeonly codger learning linux
Remember I know precious little of what I'm talking about!