FC3 = Pentium 4 scheduler optimized? (or is that still i686?)

Bryan J. Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Mon Nov 8 19:25:51 UTC 2004

From: Elliot Lee <sopwith at redhat.com>
> The cflags used for i386 packages were:
> 	-O2 -g -pipe -m32 -march=i386 -mtune=pentium4

That's _exactly_ what I was looking for, yes.
-O2 is fine, no "aggressive" opcode changes.
Very good.

I'll have to do some research on the tuning.
But the fear of -O3 being used is now put to rest.
Thanx again.

Bryan J. Smith                                  b.j.smith at ieee.org
"Communities don't have rights. Only individuals in the community
 have rights. ... That idea of community rights is firmly rooted
 in the 'Communist Manifesto.'" -- Michael Badnarik