FC3:NVIDIA Problems, Again

alan alan at clueserver.org
Tue Nov 9 01:43:00 UTC 2004

On Mon, 8 Nov 2004, David Cary Hart wrote:

> New Release from NVIDIA yet it won't work with FC3/2.6.9-1.667-custom.
> Strangely no problems with Korg 2.6.9. Any ideas?
>
> I have one: NEVER buy another machine with an NVIDIA card.

At least nVIDIA supports all of their currently shipping cards with their
drivers.  ATI only supports the "top of the line" cards.

Yes they are closed source.  Better closed source drivers than none at
all.

And it worked fine on my system.  Then again, I am using the x86_64
build...

--
Q: Why do programmers confuse Halloween and Christmas?
A: Because OCT 31 == DEC 25.