FC3 update => syslog / portmap do not start anymore; no more menu-entries

Jochen Witte jwitte at alpha-lab.net
Tue Nov 9 17:47:27 UTC 2004

Hi,

just upgraded to FC3 (from FC2) and I get the following:

---snip---
[root at host ~]# /etc/init.d/syslog start
System-Protokollierdienst starten: syslogd: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared object file: Permission denied

[root at ching ~]# /etc/init.d/portmap start
portmap starten: portmap: error while loading shared libraries: libnsl.so.1: cannot open shared object file: Permission denied
---snip---

Another point is, that I lost the whole start-menu!

What's up here? Any suggestions

Regards
Jochen