cd media test during install

psychoelmo psychoelmo at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 19:52:30 UTC 2004

anyone else have difficulties getting their cd's to pass the media
test during install?

i went through a pile of cdr's (15+ of different three brands, even
dropped down to 4 and 8x on some of the burns) on two different
systems (only thing the same was they both have win2k on them)..
eventually gave up on getting the media test to pass on disk 3 and the
rescue cd. fortunately, my particular install this time only needed to
pull 6mb or so from disk 3.

my downloads came from the duke.edu torrent yesterday (via azureus),
and verified ok with md5summer using the checksum values that came
down with the iso's.

bad download even though they checksum ok? bad burns? (that many
times?) i dunno. any ideas? i took my bt client offline when i first
noticed the problem because i didnt want to share a potentially bad
download. would like to get 'er back up since i've got the upstream to
spare right now.