FC3 = Pentium 4 scheduler optimized? (or is that still i686?)

James Wilkinson james at westexe.demon.co.uk
Tue Nov 9 17:46:16 UTC 2004

Bryan J. Smith wrote:
> Is it still just i686 optimized?
> Or are we targeting P4 optimizations _specifically_ now?
> And how is Athlon (which has a _signficant_ share) performance?

It's not supposed to be necessary.

The Athlon (especially the Athlon 64) does a lot of reordering of
instructions to get the best performance out of them. This means that
however you optimize, the Athlon will probably do something else...

James.
--
E-mail address: james | "I never really understood how there could be things
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | that would drive you insane just because you knew