FC3 - evolution 1.4?

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Wed Nov 10 02:51:05 UTC 2004

On 11/09/2004 06:04:26 PM, Joshua Andrews wrote:
> I don't keep up with GNOME stuff so I don't understand why going from
> evolution-1.4 to evolution-2.0 seems like a downgrade.
>
> I liked 1.4 fine, better than 2.0 --I didn't think it was possible
> for GNOME apps to get uglier!
>
> I was thinking of rebuilding the FC2 evolution but won't bother if
> there are tons of dependency problems.

Try balsa. Really.
I used to really like evolution but (no offense to the evolution
people) for me it has just been getting worse and worse - so I ditched
it and went to balsa, and while it has a few quirks of its own - it
generally has been a much more pleasurable experience for me.

I'm not using FC3 balsa, I'm using the spec file from FC3 balsa but
building it with a newer (by one version) balsa tarball (and newer
gmime version).

It's a faster startup, smaller app, works well.